INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF OUR TEAM?
We are always looking for motivated students and professionals who are passionate about youth development. High Rocks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Seeking a Full-time AmeriCorps Program Manager
AmeriCorps Program Manager will work directly with youth and volunteers to implement year-round programming and will also be the point of contact for AmeriCorps team members and the AmeriCorps State and National Office. He/she will represent High Rocks in the larger community of regional networks and partnerships and cultivate volunteers. The position requires energy, positive attitude, creativity, and solid organizational and planning skills. High Rocks staff members must enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment and be able to interact positively and effectively with teens, parents, volunteers, schools, partnering agencies, supporters and community members. Our staff is a highly-skilled, dedicated, and innovative team.
Duties will include:
- Coordinating mailings, on-line buzz, and other venues to get prepared marketing materials about our programs out to the community.
- Coordinating the AmeriCorps grant, including completing the application, reporting throughout the year, ensuring CNCS requirements are met, and maintaining clear communication with the AmeriCorps State and National Office.
- Managing AmeriCorps members including recruitment and recommendations for hiring, coordinating partner sites, maintaining the AmeriCorps portal, and setting up tracking systems, training, and schedules.
- Providing logistical and administrative support to AmeriCorps team members.
- Recruit and manage college volunteer groups
- Intern program coordination, including outreach to schools, candidate recruitment, selection/selection, and supervision of the interns at HR (setting up seminars, schedules, etc.)
- Recruiting, engaging, tracking, and retaining general volunteers including parents, alums, and community members.
- Coordinating learning exchanges, conferences, service trips, and other outreach and organizing work with young people.
- Plan and implement High Rocks’ professional development. Schedule and teach ongoing workshops and opportunities for staff, AmeriCorps members, interns, youth entrepreneurs/staff, etc. Recruit other experts as needed.
- Coordinate recruitment and hiring of employees.
- Serve on the development team.
- Managing staff technology and providing basic IT support.
- Serving as a contact and representative with organizational partners and developing new organizational partnerships
Experience and/or organizational context with High Rocks will be given strong preference. A passion for youth leadership, education and community change, strong writing, organization and time management skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office required; experience with Salesforce a plus. Ideal candidate should be able to work both collaboratively and independently, work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends), and work well with a wide variety people including staff, volunteers, constituents and partners.
Competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or High Rocks, Attn: Sarah Riley, 195 Thompson Road, Hillsboro, WV 24946. See www.highrocks.org or call 653-4891 for more info.