Café Program Manager
Want to work with young people? Great cook? Love customers? High Rocks Educational Corporation is seeking a full-time Hub Café Program Manager to build our successful youth café, a social enterprise. We aim to serve happy, healthy, tasty, and affordable food to our community, give young people an opportunity to learn and earn, and provide a viable program model to others across the state.
This applicant must be organized, good with detail, and enjoy mentoring. Must have strong skills in food development and production, small business management, customer relations, back-of-house, and front-of-house, as well as leadership, working independently, managing stress, time management, personnel management, social media, and marketing.
- Café Business Growth for Sustainability
- Menu Development and Delivery
- Café Management and Quality Control
- Youth Social Enterprise Barista Supervisor and lead Teacher/Trainer
- Oversight of Federal Programs Related to Café Operations
Passion for youth leadership and strong interpersonal skills a must.
High Rocks is an innovative team environment with a strong mission to educate, empower and inspire youth in West Virginia. Competitive salary, health, retirement, vacation. Send résumé, cover letter and references to High Rocks, attn: Sarah Mansheim. firstname.lastname@example.org. Full job description below.
FULL Hub Café Program Manager JOB DESCRIPTION:
Café Business Growth for Sustainability
- Follow and continue to develop the café business model canvas
- Meet or exceed pro forma sales targets
- Adapt pro forma as needed to reflect lessons learned and new opportunities
- Customer development
- Document systems, training and teaching curriculum, safety protocol, and café model development
Menu Development and Delivery
- Create/source healthy, affordable, delicious menu options
- Coffees, smoothies, drinks, snacks
- Grab and Go lunch and breakfast
- Prep and cook food daily
- Adaptation of café menu based on demand
Café Management and Quality Control
- Build strong customer relationships
- Oversee café purchasing and financial reporting, operating in the black
- Maintain health department and ag department certification
- Great food, great vibe, clean and welcoming
Youth Social Enterprise Barista Supervisor and lead Teacher/Trainer
- Run the café program as a social enterprise with a triple bottom line: people, profit, and place
- Work with youth as business partners in café management and development, including community outreach
- Hire, supervise, and release youth in the barista training program
- Teach youth to be strong business partners, focused on front-of-house skills
- Hold weekly barista business partner team meeting
- Train baristas and other employees in an on-the-job setting
Oversight of Federal Programs Related to Café Operations
- Hire and supervise AmeriCorps members working directly on café programs (CACFP and youth social enterprise)
- Work with AmeriCorps members to deliver daily snack and dinner for students on school days
- Oversee Child and Adult Community Feeding Program (CACFP) snack and dinner program (menu, reporting, compliance)
*Café program manager will report to Development Manager. Café will be closed the week of Thanksgiving, 2 weeks around Christmas, and at least 2 weeks in June.